grandma


A picture I took last year, mom and grandma
with her spoilt pet cat, Naomi or Niurbee (??)

Just came back from seeing grandma in Sg.Buloh. She's been diagnosed with Diabetes, early stage I guess, meaning no more Kopi-O for her dee. :( She's still smiling and lauging and all, but it's so sad to know that she's sick. It's so cute to see her act and smile, she's like a little kid fussing over small tiny things, and seeing her complaining bout her friends makes me laugh. *grins* She does faces, 'lau kai', frowns, LOL... so cute.

It was my mom's sister who informed mom yesterday, my aunt told my mom to come and see her because grandma is acting really weird. She's splitting her belongings among mom and aunt. She thinks that she won't be able to do that next time, she thinks she might die soon. (=_=)" Really, grandma... you think too much. She's 82 years old, she still can walk altho 'terenjut-enjut', still can watch TVB dramas on Astro *heh*, and speak finely too. Hais, grandma, you still have a long way more to go. She even told my mom and aunt what to put in her coffin, bla bla, where, bla bla, which church, etc... :( come to think of it, it's so sad to see her talk that way...

I remember once when I was still a very young cute and plump lovely kid *grins*, grandma used to bring me to the market and eat porridge. She addresses me as "Eelyn", LOL she doesn't know how to pronounce my proper name. Funny grandma, :P. She will bring me to buy poultry, send me to get her vegetables from the vendor every morning when the bell rings, buy me junk food sometimes, and bring me to see her play mahjong, hahaha. Those were the days...

Grandma's long time wish was to go and visit her hometown and her sisters, which is in Indonesia. We don't quite know which part of Indonesia she's from. That's one of the reason we didn't bring her there. The second reason is, she can't sit on any vehicle that comes with air condition. She'll get sick and dizzy, and green all over. Airplane is definitely a no no, so...

I really hope grandma will be fine, and live till a hundred years or so... to see me do my tea ceremony wedding, see my brother getting his very first job, see her very first greatgrandchild, that would be nice... :) She would be a very happy greatgrandmother when she leaves us. I really hope she'll be fine... please be...



9 comments:

Simple American said...

It is sad to hear your grandma thinking of such things. Just tell your mom to remember what your grangma wants and hope your mom gets to wait to implement those desires. My bro die last year and I had no clue what his wishes are.

Such a sad thing to think of around Mothers Day. Will pray she makes it to a hundred. :)

Cazzy said...

Don't worry, diabetes first stage can be overcome. My mom had diabetes almost a quarter of her life and now she is 'sugar free'.

At first she totally stayed away from sugar and then she gradually started having a little sugar at a time. And now she's in moderation. She goes for check-ups every 3-6 months and last year the doctor told her that her blood sugar level is fine and normal.

And yeah, will hope she lives to be a hundred. Still alive and kicking :D so she can still bring you to the vendor to buy vegetables.

Huei said...

your grandma will have a very very very long life!!

she has a lovely kitty companion, and a very filial granddaughter like u! =D

Calv said...

hmmm...dun worry bout ur grandma, i believe she's ok. well u could always rally us up to do a prayer for her lol

anyways, going to market with her and she buys u junk food? lol...thatk nida hit the spot

Hor ny Ang Moh said...

Wish ur grandma live to be a hundred & beyond. Yes pay attention to her wishes. Have a nice day.

Kenny Ng said...

Wish your grandma get well soon. I miss my grandma la... this year is her 10th anniversary RIP.

ItchyHandseng said...

diabeties cannot drink kopi-o?hehe.Anywayz sometimees old ppl really think too much,my grandma also alwayz say she would die soon when shez depressed/ill.hehe

erinalaw said...

Old ppl is like that one lor. They tend to become small little kid at times. My grandma also like that last time. I am happy my grandma live till the age of 104. 1 day before she die, I make her mooncake lagi and she way enjoying it. And all of a sudden my 8 mths old son go and hug her. She lagi laugh and say that he so good boy. She always tell my mum that she never thought that I will do well in cooking and baking. She is not sick at all. She can do things all by herself. She just die in her sleep. No one know why also lor. But, love them when they are still around rather than you regret later.

Calvin's Wife said...

Thank you all for your nice words and wishes, hopefully grandma will be okay, did some research... she needs loads of essence of chicken, citrus fruits and green tea...

:) Thanks really... So sweet of you all...