This would be another day of me babbling in the recent of myself. And I assumed this would be a boring post for my readers, there would be no pictures to go along with, LOL, and no, I have not been taking recent pictures of myself with my new plastic glasses. Oh, did I mentioned I finally got myself a new pair of glasses? Calv bought one for me, told me that my older one would be best thrown away. I wonder if he will ever throw my love away when we are getting a little older, just like my pair of old glasses. Hmmm, anyway...



Calvin Teh of Recorded Moments called me two days ago to check if I was lively breathing. It is so nice to have a friend who concerns about your being, especially when an internet freak like me disappears of a sudden from cyber space. ;) Thanks for the call, Calv, it is a blessing to have a friend like you. *grins*



I had another surprise call too from Paris. It was so sweet of Eng Seen to call, to tempt me and to let me hear the breeze of Paris whooshing by (=_=)". Too bad I can't have a sniff at them, *grins* but I did told him to jar up some of them for me, and he promised me some wet fart he will have in Paris. *rolls up eyes*



Zewt has been asking me my progress of quitting ciggs. Hmmm, it is going fairly well and it has been 21 days I'm seen without a pack of ciggs in my purse. Not that I'm going to hide it from all of you, but I did had a few puff when I was out with Susie the other day (and I think I saw Zewt if it was him @ The Curve's KimGary last week). It was just something social, and I am not addicted to them anymore, maybe I was never at all. I never had the urge to betray my promise and I don't feel awkward without them, I feel perfectly normal. And of course, my Calvin is proud of me.



We went to watch Shrek 3 yesterday. It was funny, as usual, got almost all of us, me, calv, ben & connie, rolling on the floor laughing. Overall the movie is pretty nice and fun. You should go and watch, pass some time and have a good laugh. ;)



Me and hubby are making plans for our yearly holidays. He wants the beach and since we've never been to Bali yet, perhaps that would be our next destination. Maldives is ever tempting but of course, so does the amount of cash to spend for one. Maldives will stay as a "place to visit when my lotto number strikes". LOL, oh I don't know, maybe someday. Tell me then, is RM650 good for a 4 days 3 nights stay in Bali with a return air ticket with Qatar Airways? No meals and tours included though. Or maybe perhaps some of you knows of better deals somewhere? Please share. Would appreciate your thoughts.

14 comments:

-jUsT- said...

Mrs Calvin... Thanx 4 ur comment, and here's some info 4 u. check out the airasia holiday packages, me n my buddies intend to go Bali 2.. and the offer was great, too bad our planned scheduled is not available... If im not wrong, they offer different packages for the same destination as u get to chose the hotel/resort... Not tat pricey as RM650... cheapest(better hotel/resort) less than RM300 if im not wrong... check it out http://www.airasia.com.my but im not sure the offer still on or not, mayb u can wait for the next round? enjoy ya... btw, any ideas on how to quit ciggy ar? im addicted... -_-"

Calvin's Wife said...

justin, pls.. LOL please call me Evie... *grins*.

Thanks for the info, I would check that out, actually tried that yesterday but I think Air Asia had some error on their site, will try again tonight.

How to quit ciggs? Tell your mind you dont need them, dont think of them at all, and if you can, stay away from your smokerholic friends for a month. No mamak visits and no smoking areas till you are no longer addisted to it. ;) Try it..

CoCoNuTiCe said...

OMG...BALI is the best!! u really should go.

I went there 2 years back, and we stayed at Sanur Beach and hired a tour guide and decided the spots we wanted to go and arranged our own Tour.

Here are the details which i wrote in the email to a friend...

During our visit to Bali on 28 Dec we were staying at Diwangkara Holiday Villa at USD35 per night but since it was a peak period another USD22 was added. The hotel is at Sanur side of the island, which is said to be the cheap side as I have consulted a consultant is who is familiar with Bali.; the expensive side would be

(a) Kuta, at the left side of the island - where the bombing was

(2) Nusa Dua, at the bottom part of the island, below Sanur - where there are a lot of 5-star hotels.

Our hotel is right at the beach. Just infront of this hotel is another cheaper hotel but couldn't remember the name. Please note that the room was big with king size bed which can accommodate 2 adults + 1 child and a day bed which has a pull out bed under it. This will easily sleep 4 - 5 people in one room.

Secondly, please take note that there may be special hotel promotion if you go for 4 days/3 nights. We went on a 3day/2 night as a result of which couldn't enjoy such discount/promotion.

Thirdly, we hired the hotel's taxi service, complete with an English speaking driver who actually owns the vehicle at USD60 per day (a normal rate) and dictated our "tour" plan. You can do this by looking at the itinerary of organised tours in the internet from which you can pick and choose places of interest.

Fourthly, please take note that Money Changers there do not accept US currency with serial number starting with "C" as they said there were a lot of counterfeit money then. We got some from RHB Bank at KLIA but managed to used them at the Duty Free shop at Bali airport.

Fifth;y, when visiting souvenir/handicraft shops/stalls be prepared to ask for 60% discount (as advised by our tour driver) as 40% discount can easily be given without much hassle.

Iced Nyior said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Calvin's Wife said...

Iced Nyior, oh my god, thanks for the info... LOL, that was a long info you left there and I really really appreciate it. Really, I would love to stay just right in front of the beach. That, I cannot decide myself, I have to follow the travel agency's choices. Hmm I'll see how I can manage though.

ANd yes, I do not want to stay near the guai lo's are... I will be a fool if I said I am not afraid of the bombings.

Oh Nana, this is so nice of you. Thank you so much. *hugs* I'll share this with Calvin.

Oh also, you posted the same one twice so I deleted the second one, aight? ;)

zewt said...

wahhh... put me up on the altar like that hahahaha... well done and congrats on staying away. but i think still got quite some way to go eh.

no, it was not me there. havent been to the curve for the longest time. the traffic is crazy la.

Endoh Taiki said...

Great to read some updates again.

Anyway, forget about touring Bali. Just head there free n easy, hop around the place at your own pace. It's alot more fun than scheduled tour. At most hire a regular driver like coconutise suggested.

I'm there for work on 07/07. I will warm the beach for you guys first. LOL!

Calvin's Wife said...

zewt, hehe... well perhaps yes, maybe I should stay away from being a social smoker too, well it is not that I get to meet my bunch of friends that often... but still yea... :) I really thought it was you @ The Curve, hahaha, I was stealing glances and thinking, "aih, look like the zewt fler only... hmmm but this one fatter woh.." LOL...

endoh, hie there... oh yes, I was thinking to have a free and easy thingy too, that way I can manage my time properly and not be in a hurry... Oh you gonna go there too? :( I can hardly wait to get my ass there.. :P

Cazzy said...

So cool. You get to go for holiday after holiday after holiday.

Calvin's Wife said...

Cazzy, errr.... no? Where got holidays after holidays.. :( This year I only went to Miri that's all, and Kampar... That's within Malaysia, I dont consider that as real holidays... :( For me real holidays means foreign city.. :) Like what u r having now, snow~!!!! THAT is a perfect holiday and you could go skiing anytime :(.... so nice..

-jUsT- said...

LOL... Miss Evie, i read yesterday "The Star" got the promotion i told u ler.... airasia... er... 5 star hotel resort only RM300++... hehe... book 1 ticket for me lah, then i can go... but u n ur dear dear pay for me loh... can ar? =p

Calvin's Wife said...

Hi Justin, I went and checked Air Asia for their packages. Their air ticket and all is kinda cheap but when it has included the extra surcharges and all, it rounded up to a RM2k++ for both of us... wouldnt that be a little pricey? Hmm...

zewt said...

fat? definitely not me... kakakakakaka....

Calvin's Wife said...

Zewt, Hahahahaha.... I know larh, you're very fit dee.... LOL LOL... :P Then it Wasn't you.. ;)