Today I shall share with you a nyonya dish that I've successfully made. This dish is called Char-Swee which meant Stir-Fried Cucumber in Vinegar. If you don't really like sour dishes, then perhaps you can opt not to add in vinegar to this dish, otherwise, plum sauce.

Ingredients:
200g medium sized prawns
2 tsp sugar
200g cucumber
80g onion
20g red chilli
15g green chilli
80g carrot

2tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, minced

Gravy (mix together)
100ml water
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp chinese plum sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
  • Shell prawns, leaving only the tails. Season with sugar. Leave to marinate while preparing the rest of the ingredients, but rinse them off before you cook.
  • Peel cucumber and split it into two long halves. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the core, and slice diagonally to 1/2cm thickness. Cut the onion into six segments. Split the chilli into halves, remove seeds and slice diagonally. Peel carrot, halve it and slice diagonally too.
  • Heat the oil in a wok to saute the garlic till fragrant. Add in the prawns and stir fry until fragrant.
  • Add the cucumber and carrot and stir-fry for a minute before puring in the gravy ingredients. Stir until gravy thickens and boils.
  • Toss in the onion and the red and green chillies. Stir-fry to mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste before dishing out.
Friday again, ;) right, I will cut the crap on hoping for more extra days like I did on last Friday's. LOL. So yea, instead of me playing a song from my jukebox, I would like to share with you a video footage. In this video, you will see a man named Paul singing a beautiful opera song. If you're a lover for the operas like moi, please enjoy the show. But even though you're not, please watch too, it is just too beautiful to pass. ;) Oh, also, remember Ant & Dec? LOL they are tv hosts now, kih kih kih.




Actually, I would like to share a few pictures I've had through my email, they are somewhat, funny, yet 18sx kao kao. I'm not sure if you peeps are okay with it, but this is my blog, I think I don't have to ask permissions, but then again, it is disrespectful if I don't tell you first. ;)

4 comments:

hao said...

Wa... food again *drool*

Yeah, Paul is amazing. I'm surprised when I saw him sing that well.

Zara's Mama said...

looks good.. may try.

jian said...

I don't eat veges... :P
Btw, the guy really good.. sings like a pro.. XD

Calvin's Wife said...

Hao, hie there, yep Paul is good eh, he reminds me of the dude, what his name again?.... er.... the she bang dude.... nvm i forgot :)

Zara's mama, hey there, thanks for visiting, ;) you have beautiful kids...

Jian, hurh, you must eat veges, they are good for you... LOL now i sound like a mama myself... ;P, yeah Paul is good!