4-5 tbsp oil
1 star anise
2 cloves
1 cinnamon stick

Spice Ground:
15 dried chilies (soaked) 20 shallots
3 cloves garlic
20g belachan (toasted)
3 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp fennel
1.5kg meaty chicken pieces
300g potatoes (peeled) and cut into wedges
400ml thin coconut milk*
100ml thick coconut milk*

Seasoning:
1tbsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

*Both extracted from 1 grated coconut


Heat oil over medium low flame and saute star anise, clove and cinnamon stick. Add in spice paste and stir-fry well. Add 2 to 3 tbsp thick coconut milk (if it is too dry) and fry over low heat until fragrant and oil seperates.

Add chicken and fry for a minute. Add potatoes and pour in thin coconut milk. Simmer until chicken is tender and potatoes are cooked.

Lastly add the thick coconut milk and season to taste. Continue to cook until gravy is slightly think. Serve with boiled white rice, Nasi Kunyit or Roti Jala.

(Recipe extracted from Nyonya Flavours)



Also, my parent's Schnauzer, Mikey is looking for a female mate to well, release himself and to make cute little babies with. ;) He is almost a year old now and is a Salt & Pepper breed with MKA certificate, grandparents were champions in some dog show thingy I think, with very weird names. If there are Schnauzer breeders out there with females, please contact me through email : evelynholic@hotmail.com. Thanks!




9 comments:

guaisaujai said...

Aiya~I wanna do the booking...when got puppies...can i have one??
hahaha
so cute!!!
I like Schnauzer very much...

By d way, u really can cook leh!!
How bout having one bloggers gathering and evie cooks for all of us~~
Hooray~

Jason Phoon said...

so it's Schnauzer matchmaking now too ?? haha

X said...

so cute... is he a miniature Schnauzer? Cuz my sister has one in Ipoh and she is a miniature Schnauzer...:P

hao said...

Turmeric Curry Schnauzer sounds better... hahaha... jk :P

Simple American said...

Ooooh! Curry!!!!!

I like it!

*scratch doggie ears*

Calvin's Wife said...

Guai Sau Jai:
You like them too? ;) they are kinda smart ya know... :P

Uhhh, ermm.. hehe.. no lah.. My food only can be edible by two ppl, that is me n mua hubby... LOL I scared the rest makan get food poisoning wahahah...

Jason Phoon:
LOL, yes I guess so

X:
Yeah he is a miniature Schnauzer, ;) your sis punya dog fr Ipoh wanna mate with a KL dude or not? LOL

Hao:
Waahh... *slapslap* how could you be so evil

Simple American:
;) YOu like curry eh?

X said...

Mikey looks cool…Got matchmaking ang pow ka? Kekekekekekekkee…..

Calvin's Wife said...

X:
Wahahah erm i think, I dunno.. LOL

Russ said...

Wow, the Turmeric Curry Chicken looks bloody tasty lah!! Nicole, cook for me!! :( I miss Malaysian food!!
Wah, with white rice & Roti Jala summore! Somebody shoot me! :(