The next morning, we woke up to a gloomy Perth and we were to expect rain showers throughout the whole morning and afternoon. MIL took us for a short tour around our neighborhood to look at some mini orchards. Along our way, we could smell the wondrous scent of Orange Blossoms and I tell ya, they smell nice and fresh. We saw olive trees too, but there weren't any olives at the moment cause they were not in season.


And the Mandarin Oranges, oahh they were huge and yummy looking, too bad we can't pluck any of them, we were not allowed to of course, wukakak, and these orchards were protected with electrical fences to keep out kangaroos and rabbits and of course, people like me who would just pluck them fruits to taste the voluptuousness of them oranges.


After the short drive, the whole family decided to pay the local animals a visit at Perth's Cohunu Koala Park at the intersection of Albany and Tonkin Highway. The weather was cloudy and freezingly cold, but, I'm fine with it anyway, I've got extra huggings to keep me warm, wukakaka... Oh entrance fee per adult was AUD22.00 and for little children it was AUD11.00, well, kinda pricey eh? ;P


Anyways, we were given a few bags of unsalted popcorns to feed the animals that wonders freely around the park, such as the emu above (picture). This stoopid emu, he took the whole bag of popcorn from my hand and started pecking into them on the ground. I was kinda, erm, horrorfied with its doing, wakakak, I cannot imagine him pecking on my skin! I will bash him up on the spot! :P



The park was well maintained when we were there, the air was lovely, though they sometimes have the stench of 'the zoo', well DUH, am in one anyway, so yeah. They had the local birds around in the park, peacocks and all, seagulls, gooses bla bla and bla.


They had the deers, mini kangaroos, ponies and etc roaming freely in the park, you get to be up close and personal with them like the deer above (picture). Calvin and his sis were feeding the gentle deer with some popcorns, kahkahkah, I don't dare go near any animals after the stoopid incident with the emu..


This peacock (above) provided us tourists quite a show, it spread out its feathers for quite sometime and just in time for every passersby to have a snap shot of himself being arrogant. ;P He was beautiful anyway, so yeah...


We spotted a mini kangaroo on our way to the Koala's sanctuary, he was hopping around hoping to get out from that area into the free zone, :P. He was such a darling, again I never touched it. :P


The koalas were thankfully, awake, so we managed to have some shots of them screaming and making noises. Some of them were asleep with their little ones high above the trees. They were adorable, and they are very S L O W moving creatures, wakakaka.... but I like them, reminds me of a movie of Jackie Chan's, he had a koala bear underwear, wakakaka... It started to drizzle when we left the park, so yeah, just in time kih khi kih...

After some koalas and kangaroos, we headed to Swan River, the river that flows through the city of Perth, a huge huge river really. People come here to play water sports such as wind surfing and sailing. Imagine this, a cruise ship could even get into the river, think of how deep and huge it is. I'm sorry there were no pics to be shown here, cos I think I've accidentally deleted them off my camera.. I know stoopid me, but don't fret, we went there again on the next following day, and those, shall be shown to you tomorrow... :P

We later had Subway for late lunch, or was it dinner I can't remember. My, their fillings and ingredients were generously stuffed into my one foot long baguette! And of course, they were pork, and turkey salamis, oh yummy yummy.... I had to share my footer with Calvin, too long, wukakakak... and too fat!

So well, that's all for day 2, come again tomorrow for day 3 :D... and I promise you, you'll like my next set of pictures, seriously... ;)

9 comments:

Cazzy said...

Awww, that's so purrrtty. I wish you could've magically orb to Alexandra and come see me. :(

Princess Eileen said...

I have a question *raise hand*

Why you always standing behind Calvin when you taking photos? Wukakaka... It seems like Calvin is a 2-headed person. Wukakaka....

I like the first pic, I tot it is lavendar. Muahahaha... Oh Koalas... Oh kangaroos... OHhhhh....

Jason Phoon said...

oooOo , new header !

you know what's funny ? I've been in australia for 4 months and I haven't seen a koala yet !

:(

voch said...

The foto of the peacock's gorgeous! And I miss the orange farm, I curi-curi plucked it from the tree and got scolding when I was very young..

erinalaw said...

You must be having real good time there liau. My aunt & uncle were back last week and they will be leaving back to Melbourne on this Friday liau. Maybe, I can visit them next year liau - free lodging, free food, free tour-guide and all i need to pay is my flight ticket. *sit down and count coins to see how much I have* Still not enough to buy air-ticket leh :-(

Hor ny Ang Moh said...

Oh! Good good! Got pic to see down under! Now everyday poke in here! Have a nice day!

X said...

why you all didnt adpot a koala bear or a kangaroo :p

sneak one back la and jadi wei wei's friend :P

Nux V said...

new header and blue layout!
the grass is always greener at the other site! and it is very true...

Calvin's Wife said...

Cazzy:
wakakak, if only Alexandra was a 1km bridge apart.... I wouldve definitely come knocking on ur door while you having sex with Mac wakakak..

Princcie:
Wakakakka, damn you, I was afraid of the stoopid emu, so I pigi jauh jauh sikit and hide.... LOL LOL...

Jason Phoon:
Heehehehe... you lousy la u, only know how to find BOOZE!

Voch:
Thanks, I like the peacock's pic too :P...

Erina:
Yeah I was, you can go visit, and you can always monitor for cheaper air tickets seriously.. ;) You must have a break also, ask ur lokong pay for you wakakak..

Horny Ang Moh:
Heheheh yes please come back for more too!

X:
.......... lu gilakah..

Nux V:
Yes, it is indeed.... and I miss there liao :(